You will be guided through the fibre installation process by your agent who will answer all your questions and set out a process roadmap to ensure you understand what happens and when it will happen during the fibre installation process.
. Your appointment slot can be 2-4 hours long, depending on the property size.
. Your existing copper broadband sockets cannot be used for your new Fibre service. The new Fibre cable may be fairly visible from the outside of your house but the engineer will do their best to keep this to a minimum.
.The technicians may need to drill through the outside wall of your home to get the Fibre cable into your property
. If you are not the property owner, for example, if you live in rented accommodation, you will need to supply confirmation that you have permission from your landlord to install Fibre.
. At the beginning of your appointment your preferred location for the new Fibre equipment can be discussed with our technicians.
. The technicians will then survey your property and based on where the main Fibre feed comes into your property, which could be in your garage, they will advise on the best route and location of Fibre equipment, taking into consideration your preferred location.
. The technicians must install the Fibre equipment (that your router will connect into). Note the cable duct location varies from building to building and 123NET has no control over where this will be.
. Access to a mains electrical socket needs to be within 1 meter of our Fibre network equipment, both the Fibre equipment and your router will need access to this electrical supply to operate
. Installation of your Fibre service is subject to adequate ducting being in place into your property. If there are any issues with the duct available into your property our technicians, we will provide further advice and information.
. It may be necessary to reschedule your appointment if it is found that duct access into your property is not available.
. If you do need to cancel or amend an appointment time we will require a minimum of 48 hours' notice.
Optimizing Wi-Fi Signal: Router Placement Tips
The location of your router can significantly influence your Wi-Fi signal strength and stability. While adjusting its position won't necessarily speed up your Internet, it can enhance connection reliability. Here are key pointers to consider:
1. Stay Away from the Kitchen: Beyond spill risks, electronic appliances, especially microwaves, can interfere with Wi-Fi signals as they often use the same 2.4 GHz channel.
2. Central Placement is Key: Routers emit signals circularly. Positioning it centrally ensures more uniform coverage. A router near a window might waste its signal outside, diminishing indoor strength. Central placement also reduces the risk of outsiders accessing your network.
3. Tweak the Antennae: If the router is upstairs to boost signal across two floors, orient antennae sideways. If on the ground floor, position them upwards.
4. Minimize Wall Barriers: Thick walls absorb Wi-Fi signals. Placing the router near open doorways or high-footfall areas can allow freer signal flow.
5. Keep It Visible: Stowing routers in cupboards or behind furniture can reduce their effectiveness. It's best to have them out in the open.
6. Distance from Other Electronics: Devices like cordless phones and baby monitors can interfere with Wi-Fi. Position your router away from such gadgets.
7. Elevate Your Router: A router on the floor can send signals that get absorbed by the ground. Position it on a shelf or table instead.
8. Beware of Mirrors and Fish Tanks: Water, as in fish tanks, hinders Wi-Fi. Similarly, mirrors can reflect and scatter Wi-Fi signals. Other reflective surfaces can have the same effect.
9. Keep Experimenting: The perfect spot often takes some trial and error. Shift your router around occasionally and monitor signal improvements on your devices.
By considering these tips, you can greatly enhance the reliability and strength of your Wi-Fi connection.
That would be gigabit uploads and downloads
With (way) fewer outages than cable internet, you’ll get reliable internet you can count on
Let everyone use all their devices at the same time
Your data should be unlimited. So it is
Just a straightforward price